|My Nigel Slater (I call him my food husband, his food is totally my style) plum & honey cake made by my mum|
|3 slightly drunk bears in the window of an antique shop in Rochester. They really made us laugh!|
|Some of my beautiful presents...and two magazines were waiting for me when we got home!|
I thought it'd be fun to share some facts about me that you may not, or didn't know. Apparently as my readers you're enjoying the more personal posts...so here goes!
1. I don't drive. YET. I am learning...but it doesn't stop me getting to where I need to go.
2. I'm 1/4 Guyanese.
3. My 2nd cousin is Eddy Grant of 'Electric Avenue' fame. In fact, I come from a very musically talented family (that's how we roll).
4. I read with my left eye closed in bed. Sometimes I don't even realise I'm doing it but for some reason I feel more relaxed when I do.
5. I am an awesome cook. I'm also very modest.
6. Maths is not my strongest point, which is great news considering I have to manage budgets! When I was at primary school, I used to give my work sheets to my best friend who sat next to me to do. You can imagine my surprise when I moved to middle school and they put me in the top set. Needless to say, I didn't last very long!
7. Graveyards are a real draw for me. I love to spend an hour or so wandering round then, reading the head stones and trying to imagine what kind of people they were and who they left behind.
8. I met my husband at university. I was the student, he was the lecturer...although not mine I might add ;-)
9. I'm fiercely competitive. Seriously. If I feel someone encroaching on my turf, bring it on. It's good to keep on your toes though, don't you think?
10. My husband and I have been having a brazen love affair with Italy for the past 6 years and plans are being put in place for us to relocate out to Tuscany in the next few years. La dolce vita here we come!
So there we are. A little something about moi. Got any quirky facts about you to share we me?